Underwood University hopes that student complaints can be resolved before serious problems develop. Students should therefore present a primary informal grievance to the relevant instructor or administrator and seek resolution. However, if a satisfactory resolution cannot be found, or if an issue persists, the student may bring a completed and signed Formal Student Grievance Form detailing the complaint to the Director of Student Affairs. The Director may choose to convene an ad hoc grievance committee meeting to attempt to resolve the issue. If the decision of the committee or of the Director of Student Affairs does not resolve the matter to the student’s satisfaction; or if the student does not believe a discussion with the Director is appropriate, the student may proceed to the formal grievance stage by presenting a completed and signed Formal Student Grievance Form (available from the Main Office or from the link on this page) to the President for adjudication. All primary grievances must be filed within 30 days of the original issue that caused the grievance. Underwood University administration will attempt to resolve all grievances in a timely manner, usually within ten (10) business days. All records regarding grievance proceedings will be kept on file in the office of the President.

If the student is not satisfied with the President’s final decision, the student may then appeal to TRACS, GNPEC, BPPE, or NC-SARA by contacting them at the relevant address:

Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
15935 Forest Road Forest, VA 24551
Phone: 434-525-9539

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220 Tucker, Georgia 30084-5305
(770) 414-3300 Fax (770) 414-3309

California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818


For complaints regarding Underwood’s Distance Education program offerings, students may contact Georgia – State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (GA-SARA) via GNPEC, using the forms located at


Please note that GNPEC, BPPE, TRACS, and NC-SARA regulations require that the University’s internal grievance policies must be followed completely before a student complaint will be considered.


NOTE: Making a false complaint against the institution or any person is grounds for disciplinary action under the Underwood University Code of Conduct.