International Students Admissions
Additional Required Documents
International applicants who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents must verify their immigration status with the SEVP-authorized Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) or Designated School Official (DSO) of Underwood University. If such applicants are accepted, they must supply the following documents:
- Current bank statement or verification letter from bank attesting to financial sufficiency (an affidavit of financial support indicating sponsorship by a third party and
documentation of financial support sufficient to cover the applicant’s tuition, textbooks, fees, and personal living expenses may be submitted in lieu of a bank statement)
- Copy of I-94
- Immunization records (forms will be supplied by Underwood University)
- Proof of English proficiency (see below)
Payment of first semester’s tuition, a Š100 application fee, Š100 facility fee, and Š200 SEVIS I-20 processing fee must be made upon acceptance.
All of the above items must be submitted to the Underwood University Admissions Office no later than four (4) months prior to the student’s enrollment. The university will issue a Form I- 20 after all required items have been received and approved by the Admissions Committee.
In addition to meeting all other applicable requirements for admission, international students must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency. This may be done through any of the following:
- International Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 or higher
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores of 550 or higher on the paper test, or 79-80 on the internet-based test
- Underwood University in-house Test of English Proficiency score of 70% or higher
Applicants who are not native English speakers and who do not possess any of the above scores may take Underwood’s in-house English Proficiency Test. Details of this test and the minimum required scores are available in the Admissions Office. Certain applicants may be required to have an interview with members of the English Faculty to verify proficiency. Underwood University reserves the right to refuse admission to students who do not meet these criteria.
Upcoming Important Dates
June 5 – 30th, 2023
Summer 2023 Enrollment Deadline
Fall 2023 Enrollment Deadline
> Visit Us
SUWANEE | GEORGIA
Financial & Scholarship
LOS ANGELES | CALIFORNIA
Talk To Us In Your Native Language
Our staff speak languages from all over the world. We will help you in the language you are most comfortable with.